Vasco de Gato

Vasco de Gato
Vasco de Gato

Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's a long two weeks!

11/8/11 - It's been a week.  Another week to go before suture removal.  We continue our daily routine of eating without the lampshade, cleaning, meds, and the crate.

We are sleeping well in the study and settle down each night as usual - I'm really trying to maintain our pre-surgery routine.  He's either sleeping on my chest, next to me in the 'nook' or between my legs towards my feet.  He is having fewer pee breaks during the night - remember I have to dab his bum when he goes otherwise he'll drag his bum on the sheeted floor and irritate the stitches - and we can't have that!

11/9/11 - Today is his last day of antibiotics and he finished his painkillers on the 7th.  He has stopped going crazy in the crate as I have him conditioned to when he goes in the  crate he gets little piece of elk jerky.  I don't want him to think I'm 'punishing' him.  I'm sure he's aware that something drastic has happened and that he is not well, but getting better.

11/11/11 - And so it goes.  Today plus 3 more days before stitch removal!  It has been necessary for me to give him a few drops of Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy to calm him as I think he is still in a little pain or is irritated by the crate.  But I need a break from the 12x12 study and there's laundry and other household tasks to do.

My friends and neighbors are being phenomenal!  They are coming and getting my dog, the Sadie girl, everyday for her afternoon walk.  It's great that she gets an hour or so walk/play time with a puppy pal.  It's been snowing and Sadie loves the snow.

We are maintaining and I'm getting a lot of work/paperwork done at home.  Paying the bills, writing thank you notes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment