Vasco de Gato

Vasco de Gato
Vasco de Gato

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Alive and well almost 3 years later

Sorry everyone! It has been WAY TOO long since I posted. Vasco is alive and well!
After his PU, almost 3 years to the day, he is still quite the 'terrorist'.
I keep a steroidal gel - 'Tri-top' on hand for his bum. He was always an
incessant cleaner, but he became obsessed as we believe he knows he's missing body parts.
Whenever I can I stop him from licking and we have maintained health.

He still eats mostly soft food with a little kibble and water in dish.
We only buy grain free foods such as Wellness, Wuervia, wild blue wilderness, instinct (fav is rabbit),
Evangers. We use only worlds best cat litter and I try to give him a bath once a month.

I did find in subsequent visits that his PH was consistently a little high so I incorporated Wysongs biotic ph- in his food once per day and we are now holding steady.

My kitties don't go out and are not exposed to strays. There really aren't
any at 9200 feet. So they don't get rabies booster shots or any others.

He still has his pal Shadow (19) and Buddy died at 20 a few years ago (I'm ok now-20 is old).

Life is pretty normal now and my husband finally understands that he can't feed them spruced human foods. They still get steamed organic chicken as treats. Hey, at least I know what it is and but costs less than the pre made packaged treats.

Life's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment